Jan 17, 2009 general food
- Nebraska is leading the nation in agricultural carbon credit registration. For those of you not paying attention (like me), that’s the people that offset you when you buy credits.
- Per Andrew Watherhouse via Harold McGee: “the obnoxious, dank flavor of a “corked” wine, which usually renders it unusable even in cooking, can be removed by pouring the wine into a bowl with a sheet of plastic wrap.“
- Photos of pork chops depicting the amount of fat on standard, duroc, and mangalitsa hogs. Crazy!
- Senator Pat Robert’s is a jack ass. “That small family farmer is about 5’2″…and he’s a retired airline pilot and sits on his porch on a glider reading Gentleman’s Quarterly…”
- The minimalist kitchen.
- A vegetarian that occasionally eats meat? That’s right, the Flexitarian.
- What Michelle Obama ate for her birthday should not be news.
- And, nobody on the internet seems to have commented on the yin yang aspects of this weeks Top Chef.
Quickfire: the shitiest possible canned foods somehow made to taste good.
Elimination: the finest of all foods–fresh from the farm–made to taste shity.
What happened to this show? Seriously? And when does Tom Colicchio get his soul back? And how was my culinary man crush duped into being part of this?